Joe,

Touche' does not have a tank in the bow.  That area is pretty much open
with no structure forward of the V-Berth step other than the anchor locker
bulkhead.  Suspect the tank is not structural.

Touche's water tank was under the aft seat of the dinette forward of the
half bulkhead.  It may have been similar to your tank.  It was fiberglass
with a riveted on top.  Lots of rivets.

I replaced it with a 26 gallon rectangular Plastimo flexible tank in the
same location.  Very pleased.  Easy to remove it every spring and clean it
on the dock.

You have often espoused flexible tank usage in aircraft.  Would you
consider a triangular flexible tank in the bow?  A sistership here in my
marina has a flexible wastewater tank in that location.
--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 9:39 AM Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Anyone else have a water tank in the bow?
>
> Mine is leaking, the bolts through the side of it leak and the wood that
> holds the internal baffle that the bolts are there for is coming apart.
>
> Now I need to get the 120 or so bolts off the top to fix it.
>

> Joe
>
> Coquina
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu

Thanks for your help.