I put a Plastimo 26 gal tank in place of the original fiberglass tank under the port settee just this summer, so can't say how it will be long-term but am very happy with it so far.  Before installing I ground down the various rough edges in the space and put a plywood platform under the inboard part of it.  The tank has loops on the corners which I secured, and the tank has a bottom outlet which is also why I put it on a raised platform.  I suppose a bow tank would be similar.

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly 35-1
Glen Cove, NY