Hey Dennis,
No worries.  Your ram sounds good to go.

My long story, longer:
It's been two years since my Navtec adventure.
At the time, I watched many YouTube videos on rebuilding hydraulic rams, and
thought "I can do that".

The two seals on the piston are made of a very hard rubber and sit in a deep
square groove.  Videos show running a thin strap through the hole to stretch
the seal around the piston.  I think I used a string, but it was very
challenging.  I then ran into the hurdle of getting the piston back into the
cylinder with new seals.  On the bottom end of the cylinder, the inner walls
are sloped to safely compress the seals during reassembly.  But there are
threads that make this challenging and my new seal caught on those threads.  I
believe the shop has a special ring compressor they use for assembly.

It happened in June and I missed three weeks of sailing, taking it off and
waiting for the shop, then ordering parts and failing to fix it and getting new
parts and finally getting the ram shop to fix it.

So now is a good time to check your hydraulics so you don't miss any sailing.

Chuck S

Thanks for your help.
Stu