When I swapped an old non-self tailing winch with a new Harken winch, I decided
I wanted to re-use the holes from the previous winch.  So I bought a circular
aluminum plate the size of the winch base, drilled holes through it in the
pattern of the original winch, then drilled and tapped holes to match the new
winch base to secure the new winch base.  I am happy with the result.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

> On Mar 22, 2024, at 8:23 PM, Dean McNeill via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> I'm about to finally replace my old 2 speed Barient 25 primary winches on my
> C&C 34, with Harken 46 Self tailing winches.
> Anyone have experience doing a similar swap? I fully expect I’ll need to fill
> old holes and drill new ones. And probably glass in aluminum or plywood
> backing plates.
>
> Any other hints and tips?
>
> Thanks, Dean
> BarraWind
> 1980 C&C 34
> Halifax, NS
>

> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and help
> me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu

Thanks for your help.