I replaced mine with line as well but, beware.  There are sheaves on the mast
and boom that were designed for wire, or wire and rope, or rope alone.  You
would be well served to know which you have before changing.  I bought all new
sheaves from zephyrworks to properly accommodate my selection of line.

That being said, the distance between the clew car and the boom end sheave
doesn't leave much space to terminate your line.  I have not been unsuccessful
using an eye splice but it did fatten and stiffen that end of the line.  A
double overhand might be better.  Amsteel also comes to mind since an eye
splice wouldn't tend to stiffen the line as much.  Of course with the strength
of amsteel you could size the line down to account for the added fatness of the
buried tail.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

May 22, 2024 21:59:14 Rob Hamlin via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>:

> Hi
> Anyone replaced their outhaul? Boat is a C&C 37+, with rope to wire that
> attaches to the main.
>
> Looking at the manual it’s says 3/8 30ft, but nothing about wire.
>
> Thanks
> Rob
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and help
> me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.