Hi,

I am using cobbler (cobbler-2.0.10-1.el5 from EPEL-testing) to
provision bare metal installations on some HP DL180G5 servers with HP
P800 RAID cards. Unfortunately, adding
$SNIPPET('keep_ssh_host_keys') to pre is causing a kernel panic during
the installation. Looking at the console (Ctrl-Alt-f3) the last
message I see before the kernel panic is

set SELinux context for mount point / to system_u:object_r:root_t:s0

where it pauses for quite a long while before the kernel panic hits
the screen and the machine totally locks up. Removing that snippet
reproducibly leads to successful installs.

This image shows the console just before the kernel panic (sorry about
the flash):

http://tinypic.com/r/syuhww/7

And this image shows the last screen full of kernel panic:

http://tinypic.com/r/2dglsli/7

Any idea what could be going wrong here?

Cheers,
Jonathan