On Feb 4, 2011, at 9:31 AM, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> It seems that something to do with copying the ssh keys back onto the
> new system is where the problem kicks in. Will investigate further.

        We had this exact same problem and dug into it a little bit.

        What appears to be happening is that the selinux default labeling is
running in the middle of the ssh keys getting copied down.  This happens even
if selinux is disabled in kickstart.  If the files are copied after the
labeling is finished, it appears to work just fine.   FWIW, we've also noticed
that file system size has a significant impact on whether this is hit or not.

        We were going to start playing with other conditions as to when it
should attempt to copy the keys, but didn't get around to it.  We opted to
disable for the time being.