On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 03:52:14PM +0900, Jun'ichi Nomura wrote:
<SNIP>

> Thank you for the comments.
> Unfortunately, I've seen it only a few times in a year...
>
> I wonder whether those functions using umask are called
> from threads (or signal handlers).
> If they do, it would certainly cause such a problem
> in the same way as the following reproducer.

<SNIP>

Hi,

We've also ran into this same issue on 3 different clusters this year,
on a couple of occasions.  I can also confirm that we've not been able
to reproduce it; it's just something we've reacted to when it did hit
us.

My hunch was that it was use of hardlinks, but your analysis seems
more logical.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker