From: "Ronald J. Yacketta" <yacke...@potsdam.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:54:23 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Using koan --replace-self problem w/ F10 and 11 - but not 9

Just a thought, check the distro entry cobbler import created. I had a similar
problem the other day and noticed that the import used initrd-PAE.img vice
initrd.img. Once I made the change normal PXE installs started to work with
F10.

-Ron
Scot Floess wrote:

All:

I've tried to figure out this problem for the last 2 weeks...just off and on
when I had free time at home...

I am running Cobbler 1.4.2 on CentOS 5.2...

Basically this is the scenario: I downloaded the Fedora 10 DVD ISO and imported
it into Cobbler. I stepped onto 2 different machines and tried to use koan
--replace-self for the Fedora 10 distro I imported... Yes, I created a system,
etc :)

Anyway, I get a dialog box on both machines stating something about trouble
(sorry not sitting in front of the machines at the moment) talking to the
cobbler server - the URL displayed looks to be correct. In looking at virtual
console 2 or 3, I see the following displayed:

"no network devices in choose network device!"

After some mucking around, I thought I'd try both Fedora 11 and 9 - basically
doing the same process I did for 10 (download the ISO, import, etc)...

With Fedora 11 I got the same result as 10... For Fedora 9 - it worked!

I thought - OK, let me try using buildiso - see if, on the off chance, it
worked... Nope - same problem...

Finally, I decided to grab the boot.iso from Fedora 10 - to see if I could do
an NFS install - that worked!

At this point, I'm not sure what is causing this problem...or if anyone has
seen this issue? I had been using Cobbler 1.4.1 - but jumped up to 1.4.2...

Any and all help - is greatly appreciated!

Flossy

--
Make It So Number One