Jim Wildman wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Michael DeHaan wrote:
>

>> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>>
>> Another thing I think we can do, is that if an edit happens via XMLRPC,
>> we should be able to use the username in the "author" field for the
>> commit (with some work), thus allowing this to be used as a lightweight
>> auditing system as well.
>>
>> --Michael
>>

> Very good idea, (though I lean towards subversion).  I would stay away
> from the inotify/kernel type notification since I'm always concerned
> about version lockin.  Also how would this work with a nfs or NAS/filer
> mount for all or part of /var (showing my ignorance of inotify).

Just to follow up, local SVN seems to be a pain to do, and I'm not sure
that's what folks would want.

The code is in there to support any kind of SCM, it does git right now,
and we'll take patches for others.

The git stuff is definitely the best for this sort of thing once you get
used to it, though.

--Michael