Excerpts from James Cammarata's message of Fri Oct 07 04:56:45 -0700 2011:
> Cobbler 2.2 has been tagged and released, with RPMS built and
> available in EPEL-testing now. This release incorporates a ton of new
> features:
>
> * Import modules, which allowed easy integration of...
> * Ubuntu and Debian support again!
> * Better support for SuSE
> * Support for FreeBSD
> * Support for ESX 4+/ESXi
> * Integration with the python TFTP server pytftpd
> * "fetchable files" and "boot files" support for distros that need to
> get more files from the TFTP server
> * Faster sync using link cache
> * Support for EFI grub booting
> * Support for bridged interfaces
> * WSGI instead of mod_python for the web interface.
> * Lots of Web UI improvements
> * A lot more I'm sure I missed when going through the change log
>
> Bugfixes:
>
> * Seriously way too many to list individually. Read the change log,
> there were almost 1000 commits since the last release!
>
> This will also start the new development period, in which we will
> target a major release every 6 months. That means we should release
> 2.4 in April of 2012, with periodic updates to 2.2.x monthly for bug
> fixes. February 6th of 2012 will mark the end of the development
> period for 2.4, after which only bug fixes will be applied to the
> master branch until 2.4 is released.
>
> Thanks and enjoy!

James, just wanted to drop you and the rest of the cobbler community
a note of thanks for all the hard work on Cobbler 2.2.0. We've been
shipping a bleeding edge snap of the git repo in Ubuntu, and trying to
feed patches back as fast as possible. Its really nice to see a lot of
the hard work of some of the Ubuntu developers released along side all
of the hard work of the Cobbler developers.

W00t!