On a cisco switch:
First trace the Ethernet cable from the problem server to the port on the
switch and note it down.
Log into the switch and run something similar to this:
---
enable
configure terminal
interface <INT_TYPE><PORT_NUM>
  switchport mode access
 spanning-tree portfast
 exit
exit
write memory
exit
---
where <INT_TYPE> is fastethernet for 10/100 mbps ports and gigabitethernet for
1000 mbps ports
and
<PORT_NUM> is the port number you wrote down.  you will need something like
'0/' directly in front of the port number typically on single switches and
sometimes '1/0/'.  on stacked switches and blade based switches the '1' in
'1/0/' may need to be changed to reflect witch switch in the stack or which
blade number in the blade chassis.

Your network admin should be able to explain or take care of this for you.

HTH

byron