Thanks, Michael. I filed a ticket (#14) on 7 December. Joergen Mass is also interested in this topic.

My personal view, following a brief discussion with Joergen, remains that we ought to view this primarily from the angle of "keep it simple and well-documented for the average end-user". We shouldn't have to tell the user to set up new profiles or any such techno-geekery. If such things have to happen "under the covers", then the typical user should not need to know about it. If it /really/ is necessary for the end-user to have to do it, then first of all we need to write accurate, clear, unambiguous documentation, then implement what the documentation says.

Hope that helps.

-- David Lee

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Filing a ticket in github (github.com/cobbler/cobbler) should be good enough.

(I think reinstating the original behavior works best, at least at the code level.)

-- Michael