David Lee wrote:

[...]
3. I still think there's a lack in the documentation. So I intend to try to document something in the wiki, taking into account that:
 (a) a Redhat user would be searching for the word "rescue";
 (b) cobbler's design and strategy is OS-agnostic;
 (c) real examples are often helpful to end-users.
[...]

I've put an embryonic "Hints-redhat" page in the wiki.

The "Hints" component of the name is to let other hints go in there.

The "redhat" component of the name is intended to include other Redhat-like OSes (see its content). It also lets non-Redhat tips be constructed if (as yet non-existent) parallel pages. For instance there might, one day, be a "Hints-debian", "Hints-bsd", etc.

The page currently includes just one hint, namely a first draft at a description of rescue-mode.

--
: David Lee
: ECMWF (Data Handling System)