> Well, I don't know, like I said my knowledge is poor. But from the
> ingenuous side, it makes sense that both DHCP servers answer: the
> "official" one to give the IP address, and the new, private one, to
> only provide the boot information.
>
> Besides, I don't know how to make sure a DHCP server does not answer
> ("deactivate" in my wording). From my readings, I had assumed it was
> not possible, because if it were, one would simply have to
> "deactivate" the official one temporarily, and then set up a new,
> temporary, DHCP server, which provides IP information, and filename
> and next-server parameters.
>
> Since this is new to you, could it be possible that you missed
> something? Well, I hope so, and I also hope you'll try to sort that
> out -- it is definitely beyond my abilities.

More of beyond my experience as well. I've always either had full control or
just had someone edit the next-server info.

I don't think anything fundamental would be missing in Cobbler because it's
basically just templating out a file -- it doesn't do much with the DHCP config
other than writing the system records to the bottom of it. Provided, of course,
that the feature is available.

Thankfully, on this list, there are a lot of those people that probably *do*
know.

--Michael