So, this problem:

Doing koan installs and allowing auto-register gives me a system with
"localhost" as the host name and a weird floating point number as the
system name in Cobbler, instead of what I expected, which was the value
I provided to koan as --virt-name.

lead to this attempted solution:

I defined a system using the profile I wanted, and then try to run koan
with --system=SYSTEM_NAME.

which lead to this problem:

System installs fine, but the kickstart meta data does not take affect;
in this case, the chef job that was run when I installed via --profile
was not run when I installed via a --system= that used the same
previously mentioned profile.

which lead to this attempt:

koan --virt --profile=builder-el6-x86_64 --system=builder-el6-64-01\
 --server=cobbler.example.com --virt-path=vg_group

which lead to this interesting bug:

- looking for Cobbler at http://cobbler.example.com:80/cobbler_api
- reading URL: http://172.29.1.101/cblr/svc/op/ks/system/builder-el6-
x86_64
Traceback (most recent call last):
  <snip>
    raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: NOT FOUND

Why was it trying to pull the profile from the system section of the
API?

Can't you "override" the profile when you specify a system?

This is Cobbler/Koan 2.2.2 by the way.

Thanks for any help you can render!

Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
jos...@azariah.com - Jabber: pedah...@gmail.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A