On 11.06.2012 [14:12:58 -0500], Dan Rao wrote:

> >> What I was actually thinking of doing to correct this is to not set
> >> the next-server line if netboot-enabled=false. So basically we'd
> >> revert Nishanth's change and then modify the dhcpd template:
> >>
> >>        #if $iface.netboot_enabled:
> >>        next-server $next_server;
> >>        #end if
> >>
> >> This is already being set in modules/manage_isc.py:
> >>
> >> interface["netboot_enabled"] = blended_system["netboot_enabled"]
> >>
> >> So it should be a nice easy fix. Regardless, whatever we do I'll get
> >> this pushed out as 2.2.3-2, as I didn't think through the impact this
> >> might have to users that manage dhcpd with cobbler.
> >
> > Give this a try:
> >
> > https://github.com/jimi1283/cobbler/tree/dhcp_fix
>
> Works for me. Thanks!

I will have to test this out -- the issue for PowerPC is that a DHCP
response (which perhaps won't get sent if next-server is not set?)
caused the SMS menus to assume netbooting was the boot method and there
didn't seem to be any failover (fallback, perhaps) to disk if that
failed. But, like I said, I will test the patch and let you know,
hopefully tomorrow.

-Nish

--
Nishanth Aravamudan <n...@us.ibm.com>