On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Danishka Navin <danis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configured a cobbler on a Fedora 17 (x86_64) based system with 2GB of
> RAM.
>
> But none of systems where not booted from the network.
>
> I wanted to use cobbler to install a school lab had only CD ROMs, but my
> installation media was LiveDVD image of 4GB.
>
> I have used livecd-iso-to-pxeboot as well.
>
> Do I need more than 2GB RAM for the cobbler server?
>
> As I remember error was a timeout. ( can't remember exactly and at that time
> i was in a remote site where the school runs without internet facilities)

The issue is not likely RAM, as there is no real requirement there. As
a build server, cobbler needs a lot of disk mainly.

I would guess your issue is either a firewall setting or not setting
up DHCP correctly. Make sure you run "cobbler sync" after adding a new
system with a MAC address (and ensure manage_dhcp is set to 1 in
/etc/cobbler/settings). If you change any settings, be sure to restart
cobblerd.