On 21 September 2012 15:14, Will McDonald <wmcdon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 September 2012 14:30, John Paget Bourke <
> john.bou...@mobileinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As anyone done an Oracle RAC build using Cobbler ?
>>

> I've done a LOT of work on automated Oracle deployments using Cobbler and
> recently started looking at getting the Grid Infrastructure install
> (required for RAC) rolled in too.
>
> Unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder to do in the limited
> Kickstart chroot environment. (I never had this much trouble with 10g
> releases.
>
> As of 11g R2, the RDBMS install requires an ugly hack to work around the
> behaviour of 'who -r' in Busybox (I assume). (Oracle weren't overly
> interested in the SR I raised about this.)
>
> 11g R2 Grid has so far proven impossible to install automatically in the
> same limited chrooted environment and I've dicked about for quite a few
> hours/days off and on trying to get it to work.

Oh yeah, one additional gotcha is that Oracle appear to have introduced
some OEL dependencies into the oracle-validated RPMs and SRPMs available
from oss.oracle.com, without updating the minor release number or the
SRPM's changelog. Even for the older releases which /used/ to work just
fine.

So you'll need to grab the latest SRPM and remove any OEL specific