James,

Curious - is something from the kickstart_done that does the right thing as far
as ensuring "kick start" that KOAN initially uses isn't copied over or
something like that? To be honest, that's what it feels like is happening ...
once installed the VM doesn't have the ability to boot off the installed
bootloader and then simply uses the same "kickstart" to reinstall again...

I don't know if this may be the issue but at the end of my kickstart, it looks
liek the following:

$SNIPPET('kickstart_done')

%end
Is that out of order maybe?