James,

OK I ensured:

/etc/cobbler/settings:

pxe_just_once: 1

-and-

My kickstart ends with:

$SNIPPET('kickstart_done')

%end

I'm seeing exactly the same behavior... In fact I just koan'd a new instance
and its now on it's second install all by itself...

I am absolutely at a loss... This all worked for me using stock CentOS 5.x
hosts... Really the difference is I'm using Xen as supported under CentOS 6.4 -
so not sure if that has anything to do with this or not...