All,

I've been going round and round importing Fedora 23 for a bit now. Yesterday I
finally realized why imports were failing. I performed the following (as root
on my cobbler box):
cd distro/iso/
mkdir Fedora-23-x86_64
mount Fedora-Server-DVD-x86_64-23.iso Fedora-23-x86_64 -t iso9660 -o loop
cobbler import --name="Fedora-23-Test"
--path="/root/distro/iso/Fedora-23-x86_64"

The import works as expected. I see the distro and profile for Fedora-23-Test
in the web UI.

I added a system named fedora-workstation-test...

Then tried the following with koan:
koan --server=admincloud --system=fedora-workstation-test --virt

When looking at the console of the installing VM, it fails and I am greeted
with this dracut error:
[ 20.097937] dracut-initqueue[540]: cat: /tmp/dd_disk: No such file or
directory

I couldn't quite figure out what was going on or why. I've done the above for
RHEL/CentOS 7.x as well.

Here is the interesting part (and what I discovered yesterday): I started
looking closely at the web UI and noticed that for the Fedora 23 import, the
Kernel Options had this value: repo=$tree

I do not see that for RHEL/CentOS 7.2 (following similar steps). When I removed
the repo=$tree , koan installs worked without issue for Fedora.

I'm enclosing a png that illustrates my point.

I certainly have a work around (as in remove that kernel option) - but
definitely found this interesting. I tried Fedora 22 and thought I saw the same
behavior.

Thanks!

Flossy

--