Our first Turkey Vulture of the season flew by our house at the atypical,
for vultures, hour of 7:05 a.m. Headed north. And low -- below the cliff.
    This morning, about five Townsend's Solitaires sang in full voice -- about
the same day length as when they started territorial activities last October.
Spotted Towhees have started telling us to "Drink your Teeeeeee." The flocks of
robins have dispersed, though a few remain to sing.
    A pair of Golden Eagles has, again, initiated nesting on the same cliff
where they have nested or tried to nest for the past 15 years. (They failed the
last 3 years because of disturbance, we think, from a subdivision on top of
their cliff.)

Urling & Hugh Kingery
Franktown CO