From: longopavlik <longopav...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [cobirds] Monument Hummingbird Update
To: "Colorado Birds" <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 8:04 AM

Thanks so much to so many people for responding about our hummingbird
questions.  Several people suggested that it is a Black-Chinned and
one suggested a Calliope.  We had ruled those out because Sibley's
pictures do not show the pronounced black stripe over the eye that's
visible on our bird.  Is it possible that that doesn't matter? We are
neophytes and found reasons for rejecting every type in Sibley's and
some other books because of one characteristic or another that didn't
match.
BTW, we are Stephanie Longo and Tom Pavlik (some people mentioned that
we didn't provide our names in the posting....)