Dear Cobirders,
        After a wonderful and tiring day of birding that included the soaking
Walden Ponds walk that resulted in a county record Vermillion
Flycatcher and then seeing a Rusty Blackbird at Boulder Reservoir
(thanks to Andrew Spencer) I headed to the WOW museum (Lafayette,
Boulder County) with my kids.  Just as I arrived, Nathan Pieplow
called to tell me that Ted Floyd had a Long-billed Curlew at McIntosh
Lake.  I wished him good luck on the chase and headed into the
museum.  On the way out of the museum around 6 PM, I head a strange
sound, halfway between a flock of Gulls and a Scrub-Jay.  I looked up
to see a flock of 15 Long-billed Curlews flying over (flying
northeast).  Then, on the way home --- a First-of-the-Season
Swainson's Hawk at Erie Reservoir.

Great Day ...

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga