Hi COBirders,

Weekly check of 85 "bluebird" houses at the USAFA showed 7 early nests
being constructed - I think all by WB Nuthatch.  Four seem ready but
no eggs yet (have seemed prepared for at least a week.  - waiting for
bugs??).

Also, had two FOY VG Swallow - BUT both were inside boxes, (about 200
yards apart) both had head wounds on the right side of the head, one
was already dead, the other didn't look so hot, but was conscious.   W
Bluebirds have been hanging around the boxes for 6 weeks already, and
some early nest inspection has been going on - but nothing serious
yet.  Same with Pygmy Nuthatch.  Most years I start seeing some eggs
about 4/28.

Good birding,

Steve Brown
Colorado Springs