A late afternoon jaunt out to Ramah SRA (extreme NE El Paso County) showed
some turn over in the shorebird department today. What surprised me most
was how much the water line had receded since Sunday. Unless there is some
rain, I'd guess there may only be a couple of weeks of shorebird habitat
left.

Present today:
Willet 1 (found by Ken Pals and Bob Bonestroo yesterday)
Long-billed Curlew 1
Solitary Sandpiper 1
Semipalmated Sandpiper 4
Least Sandpiper 4
Western Sandpiper 1
Wilson Snipe 2
Both Yellowlegs
Numerous Killdeer

2 female Buffleheads joined all three species of Teal, N. Shovelers and a
few other common waterfowl.
The only other migrants I detected were swallows - Tree and Cliff. Vesper
Sparrow numbers are increasing as well.

Scott Shaum
Monument, CO