Brad Steger, Mark Peterson, Lisa Edwards, and I spent a successful long day of
birding in North Eastern Colorado.

We started at 3am, and went north from Colorado Spring to Larimer County.

We tried for the Least Bittern(s) at Cottonwood Hollow without finding them,
though there were two Green Herons, and Great Egret, among other birds.

Then we saw the NEOTROPIC CORMORANT at a pond near Timnath Reservoir.  There
were a lot of shorebirds still around Timnath Reservoir, including Pectoral
Sandpipers, also a Peregrine Falcon flew from Larimer County to Weld County
along the county line raod.

We then headed east to Weld County.  Crow Valley Campground had a few migrants,
that included three Cassin's Vireo, a female type American Redstart, Swainson's
Thrush, an Olive-sided Flycatcher, and a couple of Hammond's Flycatchers.

We then head east some more to Jackson Reservoir in Morgan County.  We didn't
find much there, the lake is pretty high, and there weren't many migrant land
birds around.

Then we went to the pond near Prewitt Reservoir, Washington County, and we able
to see the calico LITTLE BLUE HERON.

A stop at Last Chance Reststop in Washington County produced a few migrants,
the best probably being a MacGillivray's Warbler and a Dusky Flycatcher.

We decided that we should head back west and go to Cherry Creek Reservoir and
end the day with a look at the rare shorebird.  We were not disappointed with
great looks at the BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER. This bird was still around, when we
left at around 645pm.

A big thanks to several other birders for letting us know what they were seeing.

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO