A walk around Manitou
<http://www.coloradocountybirding.com/county/bird_a_county.php?name=Teller#7
25>  Lake (fee - $5) today at noon found many Tyrannus kingbirds, which
historically, we do not get up here outside of fall migration. Both western
kingbirds and eastern kingbirds were in abundance flycatching over the
beaver ponds.

In addition, my first (in 21 years) double-crested cormorant at Manitou
Lake! Juvenal plumaged.

Also, found a few lincoln's sparrows, apparently on the move. A few gray
catbirds. Otherwise, the regular fanfare.

At my home, north of Woodland Park, a green-tailed towhee continues to hang
out in my shrubs and pond. Lots of broad-tailed and rufous hummers,
occasional cassin's finch, evening grosbeaks, band-tailed pigeons, chipping
sparrows, all three nuthatches, loads of imm juncos and the usual.

Jeff J Jones

( <mailto:jjo...@jonestc.com> jjo...@jonestc.com)

Teller County - 8500' - Montane Woodlands