Given the research showing that large numbers of birds collide with windows
in tall buildings like the Barclay Towers (listed at 32 stories high), it is
quite possible that this bird may be a survivor of such a collision.  Anyone
who has viewed a bird after a window collision has seen that they may
confused for a period of time, which might account for it's walking with
people beside it.  It may also be injured.  I hope that Mr. Miller can look
for the bird in the morning and, if it's still there, contact a rehabber
about rescuing it.

Here is one link with information on the problem of bird collisions with
windows in tall buildings:
lightsouttoronto<http://www.flap.org/lightsouttoronto.htm>

SeEtta Moss
Canon City