A greater white fronted goose, probable Taiga,  found at 4547 W Ponds Cir,
unincorporated Arapahoe County. It was seen on 12/19  and 12/20. It is in
with a flock of Canada geese here on the ponds. I was able  to get good
pictures of it, I was able to get within 20ft of him without any  concern shown
on
his part.
    The goose was found on my backyard  Christmas count. He was with an
estimated 760 geese on our property! Lots of  lesser Canada geese and at least
a couple cackling geese.
    Other birds seen for the count:  lesser scaup, common goldeneye, ring
necked ducks, bufflehead, shovelers, great  blue heron, belted kingfisher,
slate colored and Oregon race  juncos.
    Thanks to Claire Montour for helping  me on the count!
Deb Carstensen, near  Littleton

--
Colorado Field Ornithologists: http://www.cfo-link.org/
Colorado County Birding:  http://www.coloradocountybirding.com/