Hi all,

Kelly Shipe found and photographed a WORM-EATING WARBLER today in the tall
cottonwood tree above the willows at the Headquarters at Chico Basin Ranch,
Pueblo County (fee area) this morning.  The bird stayed way high when five of
us (Kelly, Jeannie Mitchell, Aaron Shipe, Gene Rutherford, and I were all
looking at it).  Later it was seen lower in other trees, by Bill Maynard.  I
believe this is only the 2nd sighting for Pueblo County (Van Truan saw one a
long time ago, I don't know of other sightings, though there might be from a
long time ago), and only 2nd sighting for Chico Basin Ranch (the other one was
in El Paso County).  Great find, Kelly!!  This is my second new Pueblo County
this spring.

Other stuff, the Black-bellied Plover was still at the Headquarters Lake and a
singing male Northern Parula was at the banding station in El Paso County.

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO