Dear Cobirders,
        This looks like the slowest day both for number of individual migrants
and for total species.  Highlights were three Empidonax sp. one of which
strongly suggested Willow Flycatcher and one which suggested Dusky Flycatcher;
both of these individuals were calling but not singing.  I never saw, but I did
hear at least two Gray Catbirds, and, on the trail segment east of Twin Lakes
Rd., I found a silent female Hummingbird that was very likely a Black-chinned
Hummingbird (it was certainly an Archilochus Hummingbird).  Although the total
number of individual Dendroica was low, each day there are more Yellow
Warblers!  The miserable weather coming in should be good for birding, it was
the period 10-11 May last year that Twin Lakes had a great fallout day during a
similar storm, with a Black-throated Green, Blackpoll, Black-throated Gray,
Northern Waterthrush, Hooded Warbler &c.

Not technically at Twin Lakes, but farther west of the lakes along the Twin
Lakes Trail, I heard and saw a White-winged Dove yesterday evening (10 May).
This individual has been in the area for over a year, but is often difficult to
track down, i.e. I've been going for evening walks in the neighborhood for 2
years and have only seen/heard it twice although Nathan Pieplow has had far
greater success in running into it.

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Boulder, CO