Early this morning Bill Evans and I birded Sondermann. Highlights included a
Northern Parula and a Tennessee Warbler in the densely thicketed area along the
Westfork Trail. We got some good quick looks at the parula but were unable to
relocate it later. We also had a Broad-winged Hawk flying north.
Over the past few days at Sondermann I've made a number of visits and had a
decent number of migrants, including Black-chinned Hummingbird, Olive-sided
Flycatcher, Western Wood-Pewee, some empids, Swainson's Thrush, Orange-crowned
Warbler, Virginia's Warbler, Yellow Warbler, MacGillivray's Warbler, Wilson's
Warbler, Western Tanager, Vesper Sparrow, Black-headed Grosbeak, and Bullock's
Oriole.
Good birding,Allan Burnswest side of Colorado Springs