Here are a couple of June trips with the Boulder Bird Club that you
may wish to know about. All our trips are open to everyone and we
encourage birders of all levels of expertise to participate. You need
not be a member and we would love to see you come along. Both of these
trips are especially great for young birders. More information at our
website www.boulderbirdclub.org  in our newsletter.
Lonny Frye
Trip Coordinator for the Boulder Bird Club

Sunday June 13th, 2010
Birding Lyons Habitats
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Meet at the Lyons Park'n'Ride (4th and Main) at 8:30 and we
will bird Old South Rd for breeding Canyon Wren,
Cordilleran Flycatcher, White-throated Swift, etc. Davis will
be ably assisted by Joel and Marcel Such, two fine young
birders recognized by the ABA for their skills (see interview
in Summer 2009 newsletter). All are welcome and we
encourage young people to enjoy birding. Then head up to the
Davis porch for sack lunch and observation of his 3 dozen
nesting boxes and feeders. We can help him inventory where
the bluebirds, wrens, swallows, woodpeckers, and others are
nesting. Be done by 1:30 or so. Bring your lunch and water
and be prepared for an easy walk and a nice morning with
some great birders. Davis at 303 823 5332 or
da...@greenspeedisp.net

Sunday June 20th 2010
Cal-Wood with Jan Chu
8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Western and Mountain Bluebirds, Blue Butterflies Azures and
Silvery Blues fly at the Cal-Wood Education Center,
Jamestown. Spring moisture will bring the blossoms and
insects, plenty to eat for the bluebirds. We are having this
enjoyable bird walk somewhat later to take advantage of the
plethora of butterflies in early summer. Of course, bird -
watching will be equally encouraged as we hike down towards
the cool stream. Bring a butterfly guide if you have one,
binoculars, sun and rain protection, lunch and water. Meet at
8:00 AM at the Safeway Store, north parking lot Iris and 28th
Street to carpool. The drive is about 50 minutes each way.
Cal-Wood is a 1,000 acre montane meadow and ponderosa
pine forest which is preserved with a Conservation Easement,
so it is isolated, unique and protected. Young people are
welcome. Leave Cal-Wood, by 1:00 PM. Leader: Jan Chu,
303-494-1108 or email at chuho...@hotmail.com