When Joel and I observed the loon on July 26th, it dove frequently and
readily enough (every couple of minutes).  It would stay under for 30
seconds at most and seemed to have its head underwater for most of the time
otherwise.  It had a fairly good success rate, as it came up with what I
believe were shad (a non-game fish which I know to be in the lake) every
dozen or so dives.

Marcel Such
NW of Lyons, CO
mps...@gmail.com