Spent some time yesterday watching the loon during two intervals, 5pm
to 530p and 7p to 830p. We saw him dive quite frequently, about 20
second dives. Also, he was plowing through the water with his head
under, I assume fishing for the schools of small silver fish near the
surface that are everywhere in Lake Mac. Also, towards dusk he spent
alot of time preening and flapping. At one point he climbed up on a
buoy to dry his wings. We did not get many good pictures bc we did not
have the camera with us the first interval. Got a few marginal photos
later in the evening. Nothing artfully done but enough to show him
flapping and swimming. Anyone interested in the photos can email me.
Happy birding.

Donna Nespoli