CObirders,

This morning between 8:30 and 11:00 am the BBC Roadrunners walked from the
East Boulder Recreation Center north on the unpaved Bobolink Trail to the
trailhead along Baseline Road.  Along the way, it was very birdy.  We
followed a small flock of migrants and other birds, which included
Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, a Warbling Vireo, and a
Blue-headed or Cassin's Vireo (distinct spectacles and yellow wash on the
breast by the wings).

The Swamp Sparrow was sitting on a teasel(?) in a field of Big Blue Stem
about 50 yds. east of the junction of the paved and unpaved paths for about
a minute, then it went into the grass.  Right by us when we were looking at
the sparrow was a large "Area under Restoration" sign at the intersection of
the trails, and we were about .4 mi. from the Rec. Center.  The white throat
of the bird was quite visible, and the sparrow gave its characteristic
metallic "chip, chip" note.  (I had just heard one in south Boulder County
on Sunday and learned its call thanks to Scott Severs)

I hope that someone can re-find either bird (and, if you see a pair of
prescription brown sunglasses, they may be mine).

Paula Hansley
Louisville