Thanks to all the Co-birders out there! My wife and I saw the Harris'
sparrow at about 7:50 a.m. yesterday. This was our 400th North
American
species added to our joint life list (we both have to see it together
the first time to list it)!

If it wasn't for so many people posting these rare birds, and helping
us identify them when we got there, we probably wouldn't have been
able to do it.

We also saw the golden-crowned sparrow, curve-billed thrasher, and a
small flock of bushtits. A song sparrow put in an appearance and was
nice for comparison. There were too many juncos, house sparrows,
house finches, and chickadees (black-capped and mountain) to count.

Our observation point was from the covered deck attached to the
trading post. Thanks, also, to Mike Henwood, who was there before us
and put
seed out for the birds. It's a great morning!

Bryan and Kristin Arnold
Jefferson County
5,500'