Hi all,

First of all, a HUGE thank you to the extremely excellent 21 birders who helped
with today's 43rd Pueblo Christmas Bird Count.  The circle was covered so well,
that I don't really think we had any big misses.  People came from near and
far, and I hope everyone was able to get back home safely (most had  to leave
after our mid-day lunch, since the weather to the north was getting bad
quickly).  It got bad down here quickly too, it was an adventure to get back to
Pueblo West this evening.

I believe we are at an amazing total of 108 species, with the previous high
count of 93 species (and only third time the count has made it to over 90
species).  It is probably going to take some time to get all the results in,
since we couldn't have a compilation party this evening and many groups will be
e-mailing me their totals.  The Pueblo CBC circle has a lot of private
property, that we are lucky to be able to access on count day, and many of the
rarer birds were found at these locations.  If anyone saw rare birds at public
locations, they are welcome to post that information, so others can look for
them (of course, this arctic blast might move some of the birds away).

Brandon Percival

compiler of the Pueblo CBC
Pueblo West, CO