Greetings,

I visited Ferril Lake in City Park this afternoon to see who was nesting on
the island.  I didn't have binoculars with me, but was able to see several
double-crested cormorants on nests and two adult black-crowned night
herons.  These were the FOY for me.  There may have been nesting great blue
herons, but I couldn't tell without binoculars.

Yesterday I was at Cherry Creek State Park and saw several mountain
bluebirds and one immature bald eagle, as well as the greater yellowlegs.

Mary Keithler
Near the southwest side of Cherry Creek State Park