Greetings All,

I spent three hours bopping around e. Boulder and a bit of w. Weld County today.
The highlight was 4 GREAT EGRETS in a GB Heron rookery on County Rd 7 just n of
Hwy 119 (w. of I-25). If you go north on 7, the rookery is to your left about
1/4 to 1/2 mile off just before road turns sharply right. I counted 67 GB
Herons (didn't count number of nests). Two of the Great Egrets were positioning
sticks in a nest (one nest).

I also had 46 RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS with 239 Commons on Terry Lake in Boulder
Co. These were seen from the east side on a road marked "private" leading to
several houses. There is no "No Tresspassing" sign. When I was there a week
ago, I had a short pleasant chat with one homeowner, but today was run off,
rather rudely, by a woman who lives there.... despite many obsequious gestures
on my part. Alas.

Finally, 19 GREATER YELLOWLEGS at Hamm Ponds/Natural Area (in Boulder County)
across County Line Road from Union Res shows the great shorebird potential this
spot has at the moment. There was also a slightly early, basic-plumaged,
BONAPARTE'S GULL there.

Cheers
Steven Mlodinow
Longmont