Hi All,

Stopped by Bear Creek Lake Park (BCLP) just east of Morrison this morning to try and locate the two Harris's Sparrows seen earlier in the winter. Sometimes it's better to "be lucky than good". Just as I pulled into the entrance of the parking lot at the Boat Launch area, I observed some American Tree Sparrows at the edge of the parking lot among the grass and large rocks on the right - both the adult and 1st winter Harris's Sparrows were with the group. Didn't even need to get out of my car - just sat and watched them feed for several minutes around 7:20 A.M. As you may recall, the two Harris's were at different locations (about 1/2 mile apart) earlier this winter. For those of you wanting to locate the Harris's Sparrows at BCLP, I would suggest parking in the Boat Launch parking lot, then walking around the parking lot and checking the area areas between the parking lot and the lake and the area directly to the east along the lake. God luck,

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County