There was no Roadrunner Sunday 2:20 - 4:45 at Dinosaur Ridge. Birds
seen were:
5 Townsend's Solitaire
80+ American Robin
17 Dark-eyed Junco: 16 Gray-headed plus 1 Slate-colored
Notes: No Crows, Hawks, Scrub-Jays

"Effort": Five other birders looked for the Roadrunner from 2:20 -
3:20 almost exclusively on the west (Mt. Morrison, CR93) side of the
ridge. I rode my bike and walked from 3:00 - 4:45, focusing on the
ridge beginnning at the west gate, continuing around the hairpin, and
down to 100 yards below the portapotty. I rode down to the east
(Rooney Road) gate twice.

Access: The road is clear of snow and ice. There is some sand on the
road, but not enough to slip on. The sun "set" behind Mt. Morrison at
4:10 pm (which may give you an end time for when the Roadrunner is
likely done feeding and sunning on the west side).

Accessibility: This is a paved road with no auto traffic except for a
shuttle bus. Road is shared by walkers, joggers, off-leash dogs, and
bicyclists. The shuttle bus driven by a naturalist is available hourly
from the east side of the Ridge. You should be able to get off at a
stop near where the Roadrunner has been seen, stay out on the road,
and then get picked up after the bus turns around. Bus is available
for a nominal fee through Friends of Dinosaur Ridge at 16831 W Alameda
Pkwy in Morrison (East side of Ridge, between Rooney Rd and C-470 on
Alameda). Contact them at 303-697-3466 from 11-3 every day or at
http://www.dinoridge.org/ to confirm shuttle schedule.
[Note to CFO: I do not have any financial or personal gain by
mentioning the Friends' bus. I just wanted to post this option for CFO
members who may be physically unable to walk a half mile in Winter
temperatures. Thanks.]

Kathanne Lynch, Genesee Mountain, CFO Member