March 26, 2012

Hi all,

This morning, I had my FOY Turkey Vultures just west of Grand Junction.
Three more were soaring over the Moab valley as we drove south through
town.  There were also many small flocks of Horned Larks moving about.

For those of you who venture into Moab via the old Cisco road, there are a
pair of Burrowing Owls on the east side of Fish Ford Road that turns south
through the ghost town to the Colorado River.   I saw them in the same
place last year.

Note:  The exit off of I-70 that used to say, "Cisco", had now been changed
to, "Danish Flats" confusing the daylights out of those of us who have been
exiting here for dozens of years.   There is a Common Raven nest on the
side of one of the 1-70 overpasses as you are driving south to the Cisco
road.  Road kill anyone?  This is also a great place to see Golden Eagles.

Happy Spring Birding,

Pam Piombino

Boulder County, CO
Grand County, UT