Good morning All,

Been gone for the past week, so thought I would check the Red Rocks feeders this morning. Threw some seed out, and a few birds started to appear. The juncos seemed to be gone, but at 7:51 AM the Golden- crowned Sparrow appeared under the upper apple tree, gorged himself, then flew back into the shrubbery. Saw both an adult White-crowned Sparrow looking very crisp and sharp as well as a scraggly White- crowned - maybe the first winter bird we've being seeing molting into adult plumage??? All the more common species we've seen feeding at Red Rocks this winter appeared, but not in large numbers.

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County