While very briefly in the Pueblo area Friday, we birded Pueblo Mnt. Park
and found the Hooded and Grace's Warblers and a single Acorn Woodpecker in
the snag by the lot.  The Hooded was not singing, but quietly feeding in
the low Gambel's oak understory upstream from the courts.  Funny that I had
to go to CO to see a Hooded Warbler this year!  Also had a Peregrine Falcon
soar over us while watching the Acorn.

There is a house on the way into Beulah on the main road with a ton of
hummer feeders, and we had all four species of expected hummingbirds (only
one Calliope, though).

Jeff Witters
Olathe, KS