While hiking the Trading Post Loop at Red Rocks Park, I saw 9 different
groups of sandhill cranes fly overhead between 4:15 pm and 5:00pm.  The 1st
3 groups were about 350 each.  The 4th group was over 700 birds all flying
in several groups, but all together.  A couple of other groups had about
250 cranes each.  Total count for all the groups was just over 2000 birds.
 Wonderful sight and wow what a sound.
Phil Lyon