At least three of four times a week a colleague and I walk the South Platte
River parkway paths at lunchtime somewhere between Mile High Stadium and
“City of Cuernavaca Park” (just downstream of 20th Street).  Yesterday we
were surprised to find a Sage Thrasher between the trail and fence on the
north side of Elitch Gardens (almost directly opposite the Denver
Aquarium).  Today, about 1:00 PM just northwest of the intersection of
Little Raven Street and 18th Street, we spotted a beautiful breeding
plumage Palm Warbler (Western) intermixed with a small loose flock of about
5 Chipping Sparrows.  No photograph were obtained but we were carrying
binoculars so both of us got very good vies and were able to confirm the
identification using my Sibley’s bird app.

Gary Witt

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe County, CO