Hi, Cobirders.

Ten of us went birding this morning and had great success at Big Johnson
Reservoir in El Paso County.

Highlights included:
PACIFIC LOON
COMMON LOON
SABINE'S GULL - A life bird for two of our group
Franklin's Gull
Herring Gull
138 Sandhill Cranes
1 Cattle Egret (with the departing cranes)
Five species of Grebe - Western, Clark's, Eared, Horned (1), and Pied-billed
SEVEN different eagle/hawk/falcon species. It resembled a Hawk Watch. Bald
Eagle, Northern Harrier, Ferruginous Hawk, Red Tail Hawk, Prairie Falcon,
Cooper's Hawk, and American Kestrel. Add to those a MERLIN at Fountain Creek
Area 7 and a Sharp-shinned Hawk on Birdsall Road when we went to see the
YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT HERON.
Many species of waterfowl, the best being a Canvasback.

We also got to meet Steve Kingswood from Boulder.

It was a fun morning.

Good birding, everyone!!!

Mel Goff
Colorado Springs